From isolation to connection
Australia-wide live online | each school term | $ various -depending on what you can afford - see registration details.
Undertaking this in-depth training to develop a steady mindfulness practice will offer you a precious capacity for the rest of your life. The new online format emerges from wisdom and care in response to the global health challenge. We take a genuine, personal approach and our dedicated teachers will go the extra mile to help you engage with each other and your practice in ways that are immediately satisfying and helpful.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an evidence-based, user-friendly program that brings the principles of mindfulness meditation into everyday life by teaching specific skills and practices to help break cycles of anxiety, stress, unhappiness and exhaustion.
Openground is proud to be endorsed by Emeritus Professor Jon Kabat-Zinn – who developed MBSR at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 1979 for people suffering chronic and acute stress, chronic pain and illness, and associated anxiety and depression. As seen on ABC Catalyst TV.
What does it involve?
- an individual phone interview, and ongoing individual support from your teacher
- a 2.5 hour class, over eight weeks, plus one full retreat day
- mindfulness meditation and body awareness training
- an exploration of your own patterns and how to transform them
- good conversations about things that matter
- scientific rationale for the practice
- access to Openground audio app for practice and a 100 page course book
Come and see how this inspiring course can help you develop more mental, emotional, physical and psychological resilience and well-being.
Book early as our courses fill up quickly.