Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy will be offered from February, 2024
Openground's 8-week MBCT program, is evidence-based and experiential, designed to help you break free from patterns that contribute to repeated and prolonged episodes of depression and anxiety.
MBCT combines training in mindfulness meditation practices with principles from cognitive therapy. The heart of MBCT lies in becoming acquainted with the modes of mind that often characterize and contribute to mood disorders while simultaneously learning to develop a new relationship to them. Cultivating mindfulness offers possibilities and potential for living life in new ways; for learning new skills and wholly new ways of working with and befriending your mind.
What does it involve?
- An individual phone interview, and ongoing individual support from your teacher
- A 2.5 hour class, over eight weeks, plus one full retreat day
- Mindfulness meditation and body awareness training
- An exploration of your own patterns and how to transform them
- Good conversations about things that matter
- Scientific rationale for the practice
- Access to Openground audio app for practice and a 100 page course book