Fortunately, the human psyche, like human bones, is strongly inclined towards self-healing.
Openground takes a whole-person and recovery-oriented approach to mental health. Our work is grounded in an understanding about what humans need to feel safe, responsive and empowered to transform things - inside and out.
In our mindfulness programs we strive to:
- Offer skills and knowledge to draw out your own innate wisdom in meeting your own challenges
- Collaborate with you, as you are the expert on your own experience
- Complement conventional healthcare and support the effectiveness of other therapy or medication you are using.
- Effectively help with stress, burnout, trauma, depression, emotion dysregulation, negative thoughts, experiential avoidance and interpersonal problems (ie our programs are trans-diagnostic)
- Provide an environment of safety and trust where connection can happen and where a sense of aloneness can be broken down.
- Acknowledge and work with the societal causes of mental and physical suffering.
- Enhance positive functioning such as self-compassion, well-being, and self-worth.