MBSR Program for Veterans, Family Members and Carers
This customised mindfulness program for veterans and family members and carers is based on the gold standard mindfulness program MBSR developed by Professor Jon Kabat Zinn in 1979 which has 40 years of empirical research behind it. This course is designed to complement your existing therapy or support system, providing you with invaluable tools to navigate the complexities of your healing process.
Our program provides a safe and compassionate environment. With the guidance of experienced trauma-informed instructors, you’ll be gently led on a journey of self-discovery and acceptance.
Mindfulness is a powerful tool to anchor yourself in the present moment. You will gain insights into your triggers, reactions, and coping mechanisms, laying the foundation for healing and growth.
MBSR places a strong emphasis on self-compassion, helping you cultivate kindness and understanding towards yourself as you navigate the healing process.
To reclaim strength and build resilience you will learn techniques to cope with adversity, adapt to life’s challenges, and thrive in the face of difficulties.
Community of Support:
You are not alone on this journey. Join a supportive community of individuals who truly understand and are walking the path of healing alongside you.
We hope this eight week course will be a powerful doorway into the practice of mind- fulness and how to embed it into your everyday life. It involves:
- an initial phone call with your teacher for you to ask questions and see if the course is right for you
- eight 2.5 hour classes live online (with a break for tea or a walk)
- mindfulness meditation training including:
- body awareness training
- focus training
- calming down from upset emotions
- recognition of stress and how to interrupt it
- noticing how thoughts can be helpful or harmful, and how to wrangle them
- good conversations about things that matter, with people who know what it is like
- an exploration of your own patterns and how to transform them
- scientific rationale for the practice
- a weekly email and ongoing individual support from your teacher
- access to Openground audio app for practise and a weekly course book chapter
- a live weekly free practise group after you have finished the group
Course 5 : for Veterans
MBSR Course for VETERANS commencing 30 January 2024 is FULLY BOOKED.
Please email [email protected] if you would like to join the wait-list.
Dates and times:
|Orientation Session||30 January 2024||6 - 7:30 pm|
|Session 1||06 February 2024||6 - 8:30 pm|
|Session 2||13 February 2024||6 - 8:30 pm|
|Session 3||20 February 2024||6 - 8:30 pm|
|Session 4||27 February2024||6 - 8:30 pm|
|Session 5||05 March 2024||6 - 8:30 pm|
|Session 6||12 March 2024||6 - 8:30 pm|
|Session 7||19 March2024||6 - 8:30 pm|
|Session 8||26 March 2024||6 - 8:30 pm|
|Follow up Session||23 April 2024||6 - 7:30 pm|
Course 4 : for Family Members and Carers of Veterans
Dates and times:
|Orientation session||01 May 2024||10 - 11:30 am|
|Session 1||08 May 2024||10 - 12:30 pm|
|Session 2||15 May 2024||10 - 12:30 pm|
|Session 3||22 May 2024||10 - 12:30 pm|
|Session 4||29 May 2024||10 - 12:30 pm|
|Session 5||05 June 2024||10 - 12:30 pm|
|Session 6||12 June 2024||10 - 12:30 pm|
|Session 7||19 June 2024||10 - 12:30 pm|
|Session 8||26 June 2024||10 - 12:30 pm|
|Follow up Session||24 July 2024||10 - 11:30 am|
**You will need to select the checkbox agreeing to Openground's T&Cs and Refund Policy to submit your registration. Please disregard the terms and conditions as it is not applicable to your registration. Please also disregard the the message that says "we will contact you for payment" **