A distance mindfulness course with a difference.
Online | 14 August (start) | $595 inc GST | 7:00pm - 9:30pm (AEST)
We offer Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction by Distance education - live online - and we think you will find it quite different to other online options - in terms of dedicated attention from a teacher, time spent in actual practice and experience in the group.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an evidence-based, user-friendly program that brings the principles of mindfulness meditation into everyday life by teaching specific skills and practices to help break cycles of anxiety, stress, unhappiness and exhaustion.
Openground is proud to be endorsed by Emeritus Professor Jon Kabat-Zinn – who developed MBSR at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 1979 for people suffering chronic and acute stress, chronic pain and illness, and associated anxiety and depression. As seen on ABC Catalyst TV.
What does it involve?
- an individual phone interview, and ongoing support from your teacher
- a 2.5 hour class, over eight weeks, plus one full retreat day (you can attend this live at an Openground course sometime, or do it at home via audio we will provide)
- mindfulness meditation and body awareness training
- an exploration of your own patterns and how to transform them
- scientific rationale for the practice
- access to Openground audio app for practice and a 100 page course book
Come and see how this inspiring course can help you develop more mental, emotional, physical and psychological resilience and well-being.
Book early as our courses fill up quickly.