Shake the Dust - a six session mindfulness group
Mondays : Bondi Junction
6:30 - 8:30pm
Why come to this course?
- You want to keep growing that sense of intimacy and empowerment that you were developing in MBSR
- You developed some valuable skills that now seem to be waning.
- You love the practice but find it hard to do by yourself.
Who is it for?
For those with some basic mindfulness practice under their belts (like MBSR, MBSR, MiCBT)
What will we be doing?
This group will be rich ~ honing basic skills and also inquiring into the nature of reality. We will be practicing and exploring how practice can be applied to the ordinary complex experiences of living an engaged life. We will strengthen our capacity for presence and responsiveness to what most matters in our lives.
Why is it called "Shake the Dust”?
It is inspired by a marvellous poet – Anis Mojgani and his brilliant poem “Shake the Dust”. Watch him perform it here.
And here is a little taste…
Shake the dust
So, grab this world by its clothespins
And shake it out again and again
And jump on top and take it for a spin
And when you hop off shake it again
For this is yours, this is yours
So when the world knocks at your front door
Clutch the knob tightly and open on up
And run forward and far into its widespread, greeting arms
With your hands outstretched before you
Fingertips trembling, though they may be.
- Week 1 : 05 November 2018
- Week 2 : 12 November 2018
- Week 3 : 19 November 2018
- Day of Mindfulness : Sunday 25 November, 9:30 am - 4 pm
- Week 4 : 26 November 2018
- Week 5 : 10 December 2018
- Week 1 : Tuning in or tuning out?
- Week 2 : Embodied awareness
- Week 3 : Inner life
- Day of Mindfulness : Practice immersion
- Week 4 : Expanding the field
- Week 5 : Radical inquiry
Teacher: Timothea Goddard