Mindfulness and Yoga Retreat in the Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia | 9-15 October, 2016
Experience a life-changing Mindfulness & Yoga retreat in the Gili Islands, Lombok Indonesia where you find a perfect balance of mindfulness meditation, yoga, workshop sessions, fun and relaxation.
Reinvigorate your mind, body & soul
In this reinvigorating retreat, you’ll refresh your body & mind while exploring the themes and practices of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
course. You’ll learn how to cultivate a greater sense of inner peace & calm ...
- Take a break to rest and recharge your mind, body, and spirit
- Explore the concepts of the 8-week MBSR course
- Learn how to feel more capable and less overwhelmed
- Discover strategies you can use to feel more responsive around family and friends
- Practice mindfulness to prepare yourself to deal with the stresses of everyday life
- Enjoy a rejuvenating holiday in the Gili Islands.
Take this rare opportunity to unplug from work, electronics, and other stresses so you can reconnect with what’s important: your body, your mind,
Discover the deep relaxation and profound stress relief that comes from yoga. You’ll learn how to practice a sequence of easy moves that will help
centre you in times of stress.
You’ll develop your skills in meditation and mindfulness, making you better prepared to deal with stress effectively in the future.
Enjoy a Relaxing Beach Holiday
In this retreat you’ll learn and grow in your meditation and mindfulness practice.
But you’ll also have plenty of free time in which you can relax on the breathtaking beaches of Gili Meno, letting the sound of the waves and the feel of the breeze melt your worries away.
Gili Meno provides a serene, supportive, and beautiful environment in which to enjoy the mindfulness program. This peaceful setting also makes it the ideal place for long walks, relaxation, and self-exploration.
What's Included in the Retreat
Your enrolment fee covers:
Your room with a choice of:
- Private Bungalow with Ocean Views
- Private Bungalow with Garden Views
- 5 day mindfulness retreat including guided meditation, mindful yoga and workshop sessions.
- Daily guidance in mindful meditation
- Daily mindfulness yoga classes, including restorative afternoon classes.
- 6 nights accommodation from Sunday October 9th (check in) to Saturday October 15th (check out)
- Breakfast each morning
- Farewell Candlelit beach dinner
What's not Included
Lunches and dinners (a variety of very affordable options are available on the island or at the resort)
Flights and transfers
About Gili Meno
Snorkel directly off the beachfront in pristine coral gardens. Swim in turquoise lagoons. Explore the saltwater lake in the centre of the island and visit the turtle sanctuary.
Marvel at the sunrise and the sunset. Enjoy simple cafes and sophisticated dining. Wine and dine at Seri Resort's own three tiered restaurant or enjoy neighbouring resorts.
Cycle around the island. Stroll along powdery beaches. Loan a kayak and snorkelling gear and marvel at the turtles and colourful fish right in front of our resort.
Plus, you’ll enjoy the wonderful company of the friendly Indonesian people and get to spend a relaxing holiday on the beach …Unwind, relax, enjoy!
Schedule of Activities
Each day will include mindfulness training & practice including:
- Workshop sessions exploring ways to live with greaterpresence, clarity, and ease in our lives
- Optional Yoga sessions including Mindful Hatha and Restorative and Yin Yoga
- 6.30am - Morning Sunrise meditation
- 7-8am - Morning Mindful movement and practice session
- 8am to 9am - Breakfast
- 10:45am - 12:30pm - Workshop (including meditation)
- 12.30 – 4pm - Lunch and free time
- 4pm - Afternoon session (mindful movement and/or sitting meditation)
- 6.30-7.30pm - Dinner
- 8pm - Evening program
Nik is a dedicated practitioner of mindfulness, meditation and yoga and has experienced deep personal transformation through her practice. After running her own furniture and homewares design company for many years, Nik embarked on a new career as an addiction counsellor. In this role, her work included teaching mindfulness-based relapse prevention at residential rehabilitation facilities. Nik currently runs the Mindfulness Project, where she teaches MBSR, and serves as the National Coordinator of Openground. She is enthusiastic about sharing the practice of mindfulness and making it accessible to all. Nik lives in the Yarra Valley, Victoria with her husband and three children.
B.Science (Psych), Grad Dip (Psych), Registered Psychologist
Mark is a psychologist from Wollongong who has delivered mindfulness and psychological flexibility courses, counselling and supervision in the community and in organisations. He teaches the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course in Wollongong and has designed two Acceptance and Commitment Therapy based courses; one for human service staff and another for parents of children with an intellectual disability or autism. Mark is focused on making mindfulness easy to understand, accessible and directly relevant to everyday experience. As a group facilitator, his encouraging and compassionate nature help to find the lightness amongst the heaviness in this human condition thing. Mark works as a senior manager in government human services agency and is also a Motivational Interviewing trainer. He keeps delivering mindfulness courses because it makes him practice himself and he enjoys being on the journey with others. Mark has also started offering overseas mindfulness retreats as a way to help people rest, restore and reset.
Private Bungalow with Ocean Views $2250 (per person, couples sharing $1650 each)
We have secured the most luxurious accommodation, however, if you would like a more afordable option, with twin share or bale huts and shared bathrooms please let us know and depending on availability we may be able to offer these.
- Australian passport holders and those on the exemption list may visit Indonesia for up to 30 days without obtaining a Visa, with a passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
- Flights: The retreat is held on the beautiful island of Gili Meno, Indonesia. You will need to organise your flights to Lombok and transfers to Seri Resort, Gili Meno. Please contact our good friend Sarah at Flight Centre on (03) 9735-1237 or email@example.com who will be happy to assist you with your booking.
- Travel Insurance: Please ensure you have travel insurance (approx. $50 AUD) - a requirement of attending the retreat. You will generally need to take out a policy within 14 days of booking your flights. Your private health fund may offer travel insurance. We also have found Cover More to offer competitive rates.