Mindfulness Weekend Retreat - Bay of Fires -Tasmania
Remember, Restore, Renew
Retreat | 16 - 19 May, 2019
Today we are all intimately acquainted with a constant demanding environment and pressures to rapidly respond. Often we find ourselves feeling
less equipped to handle the onslaught than we would like. It is difficult to slow down and take a bigger picture view when conditions push
against us like a gale-forced wind.
Remember, Restore, Renew is a four-day mindfulness retreat designed to offer you some valuable time to reflect and come to find new ways of
knowing and being. You will be afforded the opportunity to explore the power of mindfulness – a meditation practice of moment-to-moment awareness,
without our habitual ways of reacting and judging situations. Mindfulness helps you cultivate a sense of connectedness, better emotional regulation,
flexibility in our responses and insight.
Set on a hilltop, 40 metres above the pounding of the sea and surrounded by National Park, the Bay of Fires Lodge has been purposely chosen to
give you the bigger picture view. It is the only building on 20 km of outstanding coastal wilderness. Drinking in this pristine natural environment
is an invitation in itself to help you uncover once again what is most important to you.
Program - Nature or Nurture?
Why not both? This four-day intensive retreat creates a learning environment for the reflective practices of mindfulness meditation. You will experience a variety of meditation methods designed to help you get in touch with yourself and what is most meaningful to you. The seamless design of the Bay of Fires Lodge puts you lightly into the landscape where you can bask in its magnificent beauty and be renewed by the wonders of nature.
The retreat includes periods of guided mindfulness instruction, periods of exploration with the natural environment and periods of collective inquiry and dialogue; all aimed at cultivating deep, penetrative awareness and insight and the creativity that flows from them.
More than 35 years of research in the field of mindfulness has found evidence for:
Who is it for
- Greater capacity to deal with stress
- Increased sense of well-being and balance
- Decrease in both physical and psychological symptoms
- Increased energy and productivity, feeling more engaged with life
- Increased levels of attention and concentration
- More creative problem solving and greater focus
- Increased sense of connection, meaning and purpose
This retreat is suitable for beginners or those who have some experience of mindfulness meditation.
Arrive at Ansons Bay by 1.30 pm, Thursday 16th May.
Retreat concludes at 1.00 pm, Sunday 19th May.
On Sunday please do not book flight out of Launceston before 5 pm.
- Thursday meeting point - Anson’s Bay by 1.30 pm.
- Transfers by bus are only available from Launceston
- If flying in, make sure your flight arrives before 10.30 am.
- Launceston town pick ups available at 10.00 am.
- If driving yourself, you need to be at Anson’s Bay by 1.30 pm.
- On Sunday please do not book flight out of Launceston before 5 pm
- A moderate level of fitness is required for the walks on this retreat.
- This is an alcohol free retreat
|Twin Share Room||$1760||
BA, Dip. Psychotherapy (ANZAP), Cert. IV in Workplace Training, Clin Mem PACFA,Accredited MBSR Teacher – Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Timothea is recognised as a pioneer in bringing mindfulness approaches to Australia over the past 12 years. In her work life;she has had a passionate commitment to her work as psychotherapist,;supervisor, educator and workplace trainer over the past 30 years. She is a long time student of yoga, Aikido and;meditation and practises in the Insight tradition. She swims in the ocean every morning, practices yoga like a maniac, and loves food,people and straight-talking.