Live online | with Timothea Goddard | starting 1 September, 2020 | Tuesdays 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm (AEST) | $395 inc GST
~ for those with some experience and knowledge of mindfulness practice
We will discover how compassion is an empowering response to threat, stress and distress, and how to make compassionate action our natural mode as we move through life. This is a great opportunity to release past hurts, meet current difficulties with courage and wisdom and cultivate peace.
This program will revitalise your mindfulness practice, support your confidence in working with your psychological inner life, and build compassion skills and practices that can be transformative – for yourself and in your relationships with others. It is an invitation to dive deeply into your personal journey.
We will draw on the wisdom of the group, Internal Family Systems practice, Western scientific knowledge, Buddhist psychology and the recent work of pioneers in the cultivation of compassion including Kristen Neff, Chris Germer, Fritz Koster, Erik van den Brink and Paul Gilbert and Bob Stahl.
The course involves:
- an individual phone interview, and ongoing support from your teacher
- a 2.5 hour class, over six weeks, plus one full retreat day
- mindfulness, compassion and body awareness training
- an exploration of your own patterns and how to transform them
- scientific rationale for the practice
- access to Openground audio app for practice and a 100 page course book
- an optional session online with the teacher to help explore and digest the personal material emerging. (There will be an additional fee for this session.)