What is the MBSR Course?
Openground’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course is a practical and engaging training program equipping you with tools for responding to stress more effectively and cultivating greater balance, wellbeing and ease.
In signing up for the course, you will engage in:
- a one-on-one phone session with your teacher
- 8 weekly classes for 2.5 hours, plus a day’s silent retreat
- yoga, movement and embodiment trainings
- tools for identifying and changing habits of mind and body
- presentations on relevant theory and group discussions
- one-on-one support, feedback and tailored practice options from your teacher
- scientific research on mindfulness
- establishing your own daily practice
Is it for me?
This secular program, informed by insights drawn from eastern and western science, psychology and philosophy is open to all and highly accessible. You don’t have to believe in anything to practice mindfulness. Just come and give it a try!
What will I take away from investing in this program?
An investment in this program, both financial and more importantly, in terms of your own time and attention, will equip you with integrated skills for taking a stand in your own life; for living with greater clarity, resilience, integrity and focus.
When it comes to meditation and mindfulness, The MBSR Course has one of the largest bodies of evidence-based research behind it: over 40 years of studies detailing some of the following outcomes:
- increased capacity to manage stress and respond to physical, mental or emotional challenges
- increase in overall wellbeing, steadiness and contentment
- decrease in actual stress symptoms and in reactivity
- flexibility in both mind and body
- emotional healing and regulation
- increased energy and efficacy in life and in daily tasks
- health benefits including immune system function, cell repair and digestion
- improved problem-solving, motivation and concentration