This eight-week (27 hour) program will help you improve your relationships with your children by understanding and responding wisely to your child's difficult
behaviours. It is solidly based on recent research about how kids and parents thrive. You will develop confidence that you can provide your kids with
the stable, grounded start that will help them flourish, achieve and connect for the rest of their lives.
Contact us to register your interest
Mindfulness is an integral part of this course and will help you learn the emotional regulation skills to respond to your kids more skillfully.
- Feel more competent and joyful as a parent
- Decrease your stress through mindfulness practice
- Find confidence to set limits age-appropriately
- Help your child get to know their feelings and how to calm down
- Understand your child's emotional world by learning to read their emotional needs
- Understand and transform your own "ancient history" with your parents so you are free to live more by your own values
- Start being bigger, stronger, wiser and kinder as a parent
Studies have shown that securely attached children are less disruptive, less aggressive and more mature, and less "needy" and more empathetic during later
stages of childhood. As adults, those who are securely attached tend to have more trusting, long-term relationships and higher self-esteem. This
course integrates mindfulness meditation training into the parenting program in a way which helps a great deal with our ability to calm down, reflect
and communicate effectively with our children.
As part of our commitment to social equity we are delighted to give discounts to Health Care card holders and others in genuine financial difficulty. To keep the books balanced, we appreciate you paying the full fee if you can afford it!