The Openground team includes highly skilled professionals in mindfulness and mindfulness-based approaches. We employ a diverse group of mindfulness teachers from varied professional backgrounds and locations across Australia. The qualities we seek include:
- Specific professional training in MBI, equivalent to the MTIA program or another program that meets the UK Good Practice Guidelines.
- Experience and excellence in teaching skills, as outlined by the MBI TAC.
- The ability to function well in a community of teachers.
- Personal qualities of self-reliance, warmth, potency, responsibility, initiative, confidence, the ability to engage emotionally and intellectually, generosity, self-reflexivity, openness to receiving feedback, and a sense of humour.
- Grounded in long-term meditation practice and retreat experience and possessing theoretical clarity about the application of mindfulness in the MBI context.
- Residence in a location where Openground is developing courses.
- Specific skills and expertise relevant to Openground offerings (e.g. workplace experience, training in programs related to parenting, compassion, adolescence and children).
While there are currently no vacancies in the Openground team, we will update this page with any new opportunities that emerge in the future.
However, if you meet most of these criteria and would like to be considered to become part of the Openground team if a position becomes available, we invite you to contact us at: [email protected]. Please include your resume and a cover letter that responds briefly to each of the above requirements.
Please note that meeting these criteria is no guarantee of employment with Openground now or in the future, and not being employed by Openground is not a reflection on your professional or personal capacity as a teacher.