Special Practice Group, Talk and Community Dinner
NSW | Bondi Junction
Date: Sunday, 20 November, 2016 | Time: 5:00 pm - 8:15 pm | Price: $33
Hopefully mindfulness is not just for us to feel better personally, but has the potential for us to know deeply our interconnectedness and act to reduce suffering for ourselves and others. We will be meeting each month to explore the work of Joanna Macy to support our care and actions in the world.
This Sunday on November the 20th, the theme will be about getting informed about renewable energy possibilities.
- 5:00 - 6:30 pm - Practice and reflection
- 6:30 - 7:15 pm - Presentation by Mr Bir Ravinder from Beyond Zero
- 7:15 - 8:15 pm - Dinner
About our presenter:
Bir Ravinder is a volunteer for Beyond Zero Emissions, which is a renewable energy think tank focused on developing detailed plans to eliminate
Australia's carbon emissions. Outside of this Bir is undertaking a degree in Electrical Engineering, focusing on renewable energy technologies.
While working as a solutions designer for an engineering, procurement and construction company in the energy efficiency industry.
Following is an outline of the presentation:
- A first principles explanation of climate change and its effects on the earth;
- An example illustrating why this is a problem;&
- An overview of three BZE reports that suggest some actions we can take to mitigate these risks.
We will use our practice, and our conversation to explore how we can move effortlessly towards more connection and "response-abilty" in relation
to our world inside us and also more widely. Come an commune with us!