Fiji Mindfulness Retreat
Rest + Restore + Rejuvenate
A perfect balance of mindfulness meditation, yoga, workshop sessions, fun and relaxation.
12-18 August, 2018
Nik, along with her mindful mate Mark (mindfulness teacher and psychologist) are taking you on retreat! After having attended around 20 retreats
between them, Nik & Mark have designed the kind of mindfulness retreat they have always dreamed of.
This is unlike anything else! A perfect balance of mindfulness meditation, yoga, workshop sessions, fun and relaxation.
All this in a tropical location with spectacular views and healthy, delicious food. There’ll be plenty of free time just to chill, explore vintage Fiji (this is not your regular tourist island), or even take on some action. How about snorkelling, hiking, village tours, and waterfalls - or, indulge in a massage, curl up with a favourite book or just lay by the pool!
The retreat will be based on the well-known Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course and will include other offerings from the mindfulness approaches that Nik and Mark are inspired by.
- Sunrise meditations
- Guided sitting and walking mindfulness meditation
- Workshop sessions exploring ways to live with greater presence, clarity and ease in our lives.
- Yoga sessions including Mindful Hatha and Yin Yoga
- Take a refreshing dip in the pool or beach
- Indulge in time to relax, to disconnect from our usual fast paced lifestyles.
- 6 nights accommodation
- Return transfers from Savusavu Airport
- Daily delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A trip to the blue lagoon at Devodara for a picnic lunch, a visit toa nearby village and performance of a meke (traditional Fijian dance), Traditional Fijian music, Trivia night, Kava ceremony, Waterfall visit and much more ...
- Twin Share accommodation in an Ocean View Bure: $1899 (per person)
- Single accommodation in an Ocean View Bure: $2550 (per person)
- Twin Share accommodation in a Bayview Villa with private plunge pool: $2083 (per person)
- Single accommodation in a Bayview Villa with private plunge pool: $2883 (per person)
Daku Resort, Savusavu, Fiji
About your teachers
BA/BBus (Mgt), Dip. AOD, Dip. MH,
Nik is a dedicated practitioner of mindfulness, meditation and yoga and has experienced deep personal transformation through her practice. After running her own furniture and homewares design company for many years, Nik embarked on a new career as an addiction counsellor. In this role, her work included teaching mindfulness-based relapse prevention at residential rehabilitation facilities. Nik currently runs the Mindfulness Project, where she teaches MBSR, and serves as the National Coordinator of Openground. She is enthusiastic about sharing the practice of mindfulness and making it accessible to all. Nik lives in the Yarra Valley, Victoria with her husband and three children.
B.Science (Psych), Grad Dip (Psych), Registered Psychologist
Mark is a psychologist from Wollongong who has delivered mindfulness and psychological flexibility courses, counselling and supervision in the community and in organisations. He teaches the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course in Wollongong and has designed two Acceptance and Commitment Therapy based courses; one for human service staff and another for parents of children with an intellectual disability or autism. Mark is focused on making mindfulness easy to understand, accessible and directly relevant to everyday experience. As a group facilitator, his encouraging and compassionate nature help to find the lightness amongst the heaviness in this human condition thing. Mark works as a senior manager in government human services agency and is also a Motivational Interviewing trainer. He keeps delivering mindfulness courses because it makes him practice himself and he enjoys being on the journey with others. Mark has also started offering overseas mindfulness retreats as a way to help people rest, restore and reset.