Positive Neuroplasticity Training
Building healthier, stronger, wiser minds
This experiential and educational program was created by Dr Rick Hanson, bestselling author of “Hardwiring Happiness” and “Buddha’s Brain”. It is about
building a strong, healthy, and happy brain. We can lower stress, and increase well-being and effectiveness by deliberately cultivating positive states
– such as safety, contentment, connectedness and compassion.
This course will focus on learning a fundamental psychological skill: the conversion of passing beneficial experiences and beneficial mental states - into
lasting underlying neural traits – that can be experienced in a very pragmatic way in our lives and relationships. Statistically significant findings
from a pilot study showed that Positive Neuroplasticity Training increased positive emotions, self-compassion, mindfulness, emotional balance, self-esteem,
gratitude, contentment, and love, and it decreased depression and anxiety.
PNT COURSES 2016
PNT Course - Sunshine Coast, QLD
with Astrid de Ruiter
Dates: Mondays, 24th October - 5th December
Time: 6:30 - 9:00 pm
What does the PNT course involve?
- an individual phone interview with your teacher
- a 2.5 hour class once a week for six weeks or workshop format of three whole days over several weeks.
- systematic training in cultivating positive states of safety, satisfaction and connection
- exploration of patterns of thinking, feeling and action, and how to transform them
- brief lectures and discussions
- individual feedback and support
- scientific rationale for the practice
- your commitment to daily homework practice using audio tracks and course book
Do I need some previous mindfulness experience?
Not necessarily, but we have found that people who have previous experience of mindfulness find the learning about cultivating positive states more accessible
and easy to incorporate into their daily lives. They are also not so reactive to the experiences that arise when we practice any form of mental
training - like frustration, boredom and avoidance!
Is the PNT course a training to teach others?
No. The name is confusing we know! It is a personal training for your mind and body to become more familiar with transforming passing positive
states like safety, satisfaction and feelings of belonging and connection, into more lasting traits.
It is about you and your life.
Openground does sponsor Rick Hanson to Australia regularly to offer the 6 day training for health professionals and others who wish to bring this work
into their private work with others.
Join the mail list to hear about the next six day program with Rick.