What does the course involve?
The MBCT course involves -
- some paper-work and an individual phone interview with your teacher to help assess whether it is the right time to be attending the course. Please note that if you are currently in treatment please discuss this with your MBCT teacher to explore whether you could take a break from this while you attend MBCT.
- a 2 hour class once a week for eight weeks plus one full retreat day
- scientific rationale for the practice and how it can help depression and anxiety
- mindfulness meditation training
- exploration of patterns of thinking, feeling and action, and how to transform them
- brief lectures and discussions
- individual feedback and support
- your commitment to daily homework practice using audio tracks and course book